Introducing IAM Canada
Welcome to the Canadian Chapter of the Institute of Asset Management! The IAM is the professional body for those involved in acquisition, operation and care of physical assets, especially critical infrastructure - and particularly for professionals worldwide dedicated to furthering our knowledge and understanding of asset management.
The IAM has offered its members opportunities to connect and share knowledge for 20 years in the UK. Its membership base has grown significantly internationally, including Canada. A local chapter in our country provides members with the opportunity to connect, share knowledge and learn more often and locally. Additionally, Canada is home to industries that are underrepresented at the global and UK level, such as oil and gas, mining, forestry and the vast geography of the country itself poses challenges in terms of remoteness and infrastructure needs that are unique.
IAM Canada’s mission is to provide asset management practitioners with opportunities to learn, share and connect with their industry peers and benefit from cross-sector pollination. Obviously, the topic of asset management is not new and some Canadian organizations have been working on connecting their members around this topic within their sector for quite some time. Where such initiatives exist, we want to collaborate to strengthen each other.
- Share and develop knowledge
- Promote networking amongst asset management professionals
- Develop, assess and certify competence in asset management
- In the longer term, IAM Canada wants to become a positive force in infrastructure policy and elevating the profile of the asset management profession.
Register with IAM Canada
All IAM members (Affiliates, Associates, Members, Fellows and Students) are welcome to join IAM Canada or any number of chapters of their choice. You can join the chapter on your member profile page.
- January 2015 - incorporation
- February / March 2015 - first local Branch meetings
- Q4 2015 - first annual member meeting
Read more about the Canada Chapter
View Canada Branches