The IAM sells PAS55 at lowest price.
You can buy both Parts of BSI PAS 55:2008 from us at a very attractive price: £185 (includes both Parts 1 & 2). The price to Members is even more attractive at £145 (we are, in fact, selling 'at cost').
A Brochure is available to download (see right hand side of this page) BSI PAS 55:2008 provides a clear and concise definition of what needs to be done to tune physical assets for business objectives at any point in their lifecycle.
PAS55 covers every organization – whether private or public – in any sector. It is already in use within public services and property, utilities, transport, manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, defence, pharmaceutical, process and heavy engineering. What is PAS55?
The definition of good practice in the whole-life management of assets
PAS55 supports 3rd party and self assessment to assure customers, owners, employees, regulators and other stakeholders that the business is in good hands.
Certification against PAS55 is becoming a regulatory requirement in a growing number of industries. Compliance provides evidence of systematic, cross-disciplinary and optimized management that correctly blends responses to short-term requirements with the sustainable delivery of long-term goals.
First issued in 2004, it has been updated by an international panel of organisations covering many different sectors. BSI PAS 55:2008 provides guidance on achieving and sustaining good practice in all facets of acquiring, owning and ultimately disposing of physical assets. It defines the integrated approach required to meet conflicting stakeholder demands, achieve best value-for-money, and deliver significant performance improvements.
- A clear, internationally recognized definition of what good asset management means.
- 28-point checklist for good practices in lifecycle planning, cost/risk optimization and joined-up thinking.
- In widespread use by many enthusiastic users.
- Developed with more than 6 years, by over 50 public and private organizations in 10 countries and 15 sectors - incorporating feedback from users.
- The hallmark for demonstrating competent governance of critical infrastructure.
- Applicable to all sectors and all asset types.
- Extensive glossary and definitions of key terms.
- Detailed guidance and examples of good practice.
PAS55 can be used for:
- alignment of understanding.
- improvements planning.
- independent audit.
- contractor selection.
- demonstration of competence.