The Demand Analysis SSG provides guidance on how asset intensive organisations can understand, analyse and forecast demand in order to support strategic planning activities.
Demand plays an important role in an organisation's strategic investment planning - planing for an existing portfolio of assets or determining future requirements to expand their portfolio to meet changing demand.
It is important to assess demand in the context of an asset management system. Assessment of demand:
- aids with future cash-flow forecasting
- provides guidance on connectivity between local and organisational demand
- helps with portfolio planning and assessing working capital requirements
- provides the basis for analysing and adapting to influences on goods or services for each business unit
- matches the competitive strength of a business unit to the demand
- allows for those individuals and teams who interact with an organisation’s assets to react to demand
Version 1.0 November 2017
Buy SSG: 3
With thanks to our sponsors of this publication.