If you've recently started your asset management career, whether from another discipline, as a student or as a graduate, the IAM provides opportunities for new asset management professionals to learn, share and network through its NxtGen initiative.
NxtGen: Is it for me?
IAM NxtGen is aimed at anyone who is new to asset management – that includes individuals starting out in their asset management careers, people in related roles and those wishing to learn more about the subject, as well as students and graduates. Our members typically have less than 3 years’ professional or academic experience in asset management.
NxtGen is a lively, proactive community of professionals who are new to asset management with a great enthusiasm for the discipline. Whether a student, graduate or professional from another discipline, IAM NxtGen members beginning an asset management career come together to learn, develop their careers, share experiences and meet others in the industry.
- Free to join for Affiliate and paying members
- Interactive Talks from the Top
- NxtGen socials
- Community discussion and networking
- Exclusive to Student and Associate members
- Free to join
- Mentoring programme with personalised career development plan
- Site visits
- IAM Qualifications support
- Valuable networking events
Additional NxtGen member benefits
- Access to NxtGen webinars, recorded and made available online
- Eligibility to be nominated for the NxtGen Award, one of the categories of the prestigious IAM Awards presented each year
- Opportunities to present NxtGen sessions at the IAM Conferences
- Possible opportunities for features in the IAM's flagship members' magazine, Assets
NxtGen Vision & Objectives
To be recognised as the leading group for those in the early stages of their asset management careers.
- Develop an engaged community of the next generation of asset managers
- Promote asset management as a discipline and career choice to students, graduates and professionals
- Support the individual journey of our members, building knowledge, experience and competence
- Champion the views of NxtGen members
- Support the growth and development of the wider IAM
- Hold at least 4 Talks from the Top in the UK with at least 2 outside London
- Provide an opportunity for a NxtGenPlus member to present at a minimum of 70% of events
- Professionally film at least 50% of NxtGen Talks from the Top and make available to members online
- Hold 1 Talk from the Top in each established international Chapter (within 12 months of Chapter formation)
- Hold 2 social events
- Engage with at least 2 business and 2 educational organisations to present NxtGen content at their graduate events and careers fairs
- Contribute a NxtGen/NxtGenPlus themed article to assets magazine quarterly (4 per year)
- Deliver at least 3 workshops beyond conferences
- Deliver at least 4 onsite insights, with 2 held outside London
- Deliver at least 2 revision sessions
- Deliver at least 1 exclusive networking event
- Deliver a dedicated workstream at the IAM annual conference for those new to asset management
- Provide opportunities for NxtGenPlus members to contribute to the conference by organising and running sessions
- Provide NxtGen content at a minimum of two other conferences