Since the launch of the IAM qualifications in 2013, there has been a year on year increase in candidate numbers with over 7000 candidates having sat an exam within 28 countries.
With a commitment to continuous learning and development, the IAM has a new examination delivery partner, Pearson Vue. Pearson VUE is the world’s largest computer-based testing (CBT) provider, delivering 15 million exams in 2017 on behalf of 450 clients, from a network of over 5,500 centres in 180 countries and territories.
This partnership allows us to efficiently deliver examinations across the world, increasing the user experience by making more exams available, easier booking and improved access to support. Examinations can now take place across all time zones with our delegates being able to select when and where they want to take their IAM examinations.
Benefits for employees
- IAM qualifications are measured against national and international standards and will help you to demonstrate your knowledge and commitment to learning and development.
- Our qualifications reflect what is required in the workplace, supporting longer-term career development, although we strive to support professional development at any level.
- Booking and sitting an exam has never been easier. With over 5000 test centres Internationally, open 5 days a week, you can book online, selecting a date, time and venue that’s best for you.
- The latest IAM qualification questions have been created by an expert panel of international authors and the IAM is currently in the process of achieving Regulated status on the UK’s globally recognised National Vocational Qualifications scale.
- Exam results are available online immediately after your exam and if your employer is paying for your exam, they will also be able to access the results.
- Successful candidates can now share their achievements quickly and easily with digital badging. Badges can be added to email signatures, your LinkedIn profile and CV
- Candidates can access examinations and support throughout all time zones
- Exam fees can be paid in 8 currencies with discounts being available for orders of 10 exams or more.
- Exam results are available online within 24 hours of your exam
Benefits for employers
- IAM qualifications offers you a way of efficiently developing your staff’s knowledge and insight, enabling them to progress within your business and helping you to achieve success
- They support your commitment to staff training and the wider asset management community
- The offer an opportunity to evaluate individual training needs and to structure training
- They enables you to assess and measure staff recruitment, career progression and promotion
- Discounts are available if more than 10 examinations are booked
- You will be able to see the exam results for your members of staff if you have paid for their examinations
Discover the IAM Qualifications
A more advanced qualification aimed at individuals with prior asset management knowledge and experience, typically working in or preparing for specialist or management roles.Find out more
"Everyone who sat for the exam did pass and they were excited to do so. It brought together several disparate pieces of our company into one program that shares the common language and understanding that the IAM gave us. My plan is to sit for the exam and to move forward with several members of our team to test for the Diploma."
Geospatial Team Leader
KCI Technologies Inc.
If you would like to share your experiences, please contact us at Exams@theIAM.org.